Thursday 19 September 2013

Robots Development - Kettle

Then I started working on Kettle, I learned a LOT by animating this one:


This is the first animation I ever made for him. It was just to have an idea. The left arm was looking weird and I didnt have the rings going.
 photo 14_Kettle_Attack_zps9d0f676d.gif
Then I changed it quite a bit and added the rings. The group was happy with the animation but they said it would also be nice we if had an animation where he is just idle, not just attacking the whole time... So here I go...
 photo 15_Kettle_Attack_Arm_Was_Weird_zps490cfa0a.gif

I tried this Idle out but it just looked so static and crap
 photo 16_Kettle_Idle_zps72b604de.gif

So I looked at heaps of examples and I decided to go for a new approach and try and move as much as I could from the character. First thing I sorted was the body movement.
 photo 16_Kettle_Idle_2_zpseb0b960a.gif

Then I added shoulders movement, but something went wrong with this one, it doesn't look right.
 photo 18_Kettle_Idle_4_Shoulders_Fail_zps137c1566.gif
So I fixed it.
 photo 17_Kettle_Idle_3_Shoulders_zps03accf29.gif
I added movement to both forearms as well which made it much better.
 photo 19_Kettle_Idle_5_Almost_There_zps1535d5a8.gif

Then the only thing left was to add the rings. And I was really satisfied with it! So was the group!
 photo 20_Kettle_Idle_6_Finished_zps2de8c4dc.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment