Wednesday 28 March 2012

Project One - Individual Work

Why did I find the drawing style so different?

I have always been inspired by the many different car designs out there. I think that they have an unique and most developed machinery design on the outside and the best engineering on the inside, which is also what gives them such capital and social value. Ferdinand Porsche has been my fountain of inspiration for a while with his outstanding use of curves in his creations. Main designer and engineer of the very first versions of the Porsche, the Beetle, and the Mercedes-Benz. By focusing more on the Porsche, I related his use of curves to my hat drawing from the DRAW exercise, and created The Car-Hat!

[107 words]

Design Precedents:


Played around with the curves drawing different shapes but still trying to keep essence of the Porsche.


Comparing an old-style shape-shifted Porsche to a modern one.


Concept of the Car-Hat:


The first sketch:


The second and last sketch:


Final:

No comments:

Post a Comment