Thursday 15 March 2012

DSDN 171 - Design In Context.

JULIO! Why the hell did you choose to do Design?

Answer:

Blood, computers and interaction are the three words that I mostly relate to my designs, but not just any design; they are the reason I chose to design and program computer applications as well as mobile ones. Whenever I am designing something that includes some sort of interaction with the user, I feel as if it was my mission to keep the user entertained for as long as I possibly can. I find that a very effective way of achieving this is to just add colour and texture to make it look as if there was blood involved (a rather generalized opinion, but still valid). I hadn’t realized this until I started studying design last year.

A few years ago, back in high school, I learned how to design websites using HTML language, and while most of the class just found it hard and boring, I was having fun doing the assignments as well as the homework. This was the first time that I realized that schoolwork could actually turn out to be interesting. After our websites were completed and the assignment was finished, I continued designing websites using HTML on my own. For this reason I made the choice of going to design school and developing my skills so I could work doing what I enjoy.

After taking DSDN 104 (Creative Coding), I saw a whole new world of programing, which includes several different programing languages, such as Processing, C++, Javascript, HTML 5, Flashscript, etc. And even though it involves a lot of logic and it is, in my opinion, very hard, the outcome of my work always makes it worth the while. So I have considered my options and I have decided that I want to be able to program and design mobile applications in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment