Wednesday 28 March 2012

Project One - Draw

For the Draw exercise we had to pick an object and draw it in at least four different views. I found that everyone was picking objects that had fixed sizes and measurements. For this reason I decided to pick my hat, which would be quite a challenge since it's so malleable. I carefully sketched it with pencil many times until I was able to get the essence of the hat, the lines that give it that little realistic touch.

Real object:




Sketch:


Played around with the black and white so I could do it comfortly on my final.


I did my best to make it accurate, however, a hat is always changing it's sizes in some parts, therefore, I represented it the way it would look if it was being worn. For the detailed part I used the fading os the sides because I wanted to add an effect, to give that feeling as if the drawing was continuing.

No comments:

Post a Comment