Wednesday 9 October 2013

Target

I figured that the tutorial level could also have a little target that you can shoot for training purposes. So I decided to draw a little robotic dude to add more to the level. I drew it, refined it and animated it all myself and it turned out pretty cool :)

My very basic development, haha. I came up with the idea of adding a solar pad on his back to match the context of the game.


Then I started sketching it on Illustrator


Started adding more details and gradients.


And then I put it into photoshop and gave it some nice glows and some shadow work.


Next step was animating:

I kinda copied the movement style for the robots since this one is floating as well. Then I just moved is body as well as two different parts connected by these pipes.

 photo 4_zps7b1799e0.gif

After that I just added the rings motion and a fade in/out for the target aim

 photo 5_zps958bafe8.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment