Tuesday 2 October 2012

Project 3 - Proposal Changed.

So after playing around with Light I came up with a much better idea for my project. Even though having manipulated shadows is a great idea I came up with an idea that I relate to my past and can explore a lot with light. I will be using light to express the meaning behind the famous Malaysian dance 'Melbourne Shuffle'. When I was in my first year of highschool a malaysian friend of mine tought me how shuffle and explained to me how much it meant to him, he also gave me a shuffling hoodie called the 'Gothic Clown'. He said that the shuffle brings people together, is a way of expressing your creativity, and also a new form of body language. It relates a lot to colour; many of the shuffling costumes have glowing in the dark lights as the colour and drawings represent the dancers' personality. I figured light exposure would effectively express the meaning behind the dance. I plan to experiment with several different light colours and show dance movements from the actual dance while wearing my 'Gothic Clown' shuffling hoodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment