Thursday 1 August 2013

P2 - Development

So after considering several different game ideas I could do that would fit into the environmental concept, I started roughly sketching my character. I wanted it to be fox because I have played StarFox with a fox as the main character which I found quite enjoyable and it seems like it could work really well.

I started looking into fox drawings that could work for my idea. After going through some amazing drawings I decided to base it on this really basic drawing I found which kinda incorporated what I was imagining. This is it:



I also wanted to make my character with some somewhat robotic parts attached to his body. I looked at this animal robot which kind of inspired my and gave me a good idea of what I wanted to do.






After deciding what my character was going to be I decided that he had have a mount at some point on each level. I thought about cool animals that could fly but nothing really convinced, so I thought "why not a whale?". It can't technically fly, however, the concept has been explored by a lot of different people because its simply a good idea combined with another good idea. I will give it fins that throw water to explain its flying ability. Then, I started looking into drawings of whales that could inspire me and once again I decided to stick with a simple drawing I found on the net. This is it:




After being inspired by these amazing drawings I started sketching my own. Here is what they looked like:


No comments:

Post a Comment